Friday, July 25, 2008

I have no SKIN!!!!!

Well I have almost made it through my first week of rugby practice. It's been grand thus far. I'm starting to really pick things up and am able to really run with the lads ( Well Better than I was a week ago anyway). I didn't fully realize how tough this sport was until now but I love every minute of it. Ya see when I was in high school I though football practice sucked. But I'm here to tell ya that high school football practice is patty cake compared to rugby.

So Yesterday I got a brand new pair of rugby boots. In all honesty they are the most obnoxious looking boots in the world, but I love em. There's only one issue with them, during practice last night the boots managed to rip away any flesh that I had on my heels. Now I have had blisters on my feet before but this issue takes the cake. They hurt so bad last night that by the end of practice I couldn't even walk. I woke up this morning and took Kate to work and she was walking behind me and informed me that I was oozing out of my bandages......

I guess the only thing that stick out in my mind about his was a comment made by Alleko, one of my coaches. He informed me that, "Pain is only temporary. But glory lasts forever!" And right there I felt like I was in some Trojan war movie and Brad Pitt was giving an inspirational speech!!

All in all, I love the sport. My heels on the other hand....


Well, cheers for now!

No comments: